Monday, June 6, 2016

Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Style Yumminess!

I've been trying to up my veggie intake lately. I kinda dig spaghetti squash - I'll just put some good seasoning on it and yummo! Although that makes for a really nice side dish, it doesn't have the satisfying factor that a main dish requires. I was on a mission -
This bake is easy, yummy and you can add whatever meat you want or leave it as is (I added a few meatballs to mine). Oh and the whole thing is 12 SmartPoints (for those that do WW). I originally planned on eating half of it for dinner but when I added a few meatballs, I only needed to eat about 1/3 to feel satisfied. How great is that? I'm excited to add 1/2 lb of cooked ground turkey next time :) Let me know what you think! Oh and apologies for the picture of just squash lol- as I was making it, I was also making a separate not so healthy dish for my family (just in case my dinner sucked) lol sooo there are no cute pictures. Trust me- it's delish :)

Spaghetti Squash Bake
  • 1 large spaghetti squash, cooked and shredded
  • 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Italian seasoning, garlic... low calorie flavor (to taste)
  • 1 can tomato sauce
Put squash in an 8x8 casserole dish. in a small bowl mix cottage cheese, egg and seasonings. Add mixture to squash and stir. Add tomato sauce and stir. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 450 (drain juices as needed). Add mozzarella and cook for a few minutes until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment